Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) relays effective intervention skills to individuals while helping to build and sustain community-based suicide prevention networks. ASIST is the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop, and its core principle is that everyone can make a difference in saving lives from suicide.
Any person who is 16 years or older is qualified to become trained in ASIST. During the interactive 2-day training, participants learn to recognize the signs of suicide risk and practice essential skills for helping people stay “safe for now.”
ASIST Workshop Key Components:
- 2 consecutive days for a total of 15 hours
- No prior experience or training needed
- Presentations and support from two LivingWorks-registered trainers
- An evidence-based model for intervention
- Powerful audiovisual learning tools
- Incorporates adult learning principles and practices
- Work group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- Certificate issued upon successful completion
(To learn more, visit www.livingworks.net/programs/asist)
RI International employs four staff members who are certified ASIST facilitators, and has set a goal to certify all employees in ASIST over the next two years. In addition, RI International offers ASIST workshops for other organizations and members of the community.
For more information about ASIST workshops through RI International, please contact Mike Zeeb at Michael.Zeeb@riinternational.com or (602) 501-8232.