Peer Certification Classes
Note: Please read this page carefully before clicking the application form below. Please ignore the enrollment notice above; enrollment for this course is always open. An application process for this certificate class is required first. Please read on to get more information before applying.
- For all states where RI International is recognized as a training entity, please click the application link below to complete an eligibility application. States have varying eligibility requirements and a review of your application will help us guide you in your process of becoming certified in your state. Once your application has been approved as meeting your state of residence’s requirements, you will receive an email with next steps to register for the class.
- When approved, you will receive an email from our administrative staff explaining how to register for this course. If you submit your payment and subsequently need a refund, please note, refunds may take a minimum of two weeks to process.
- Group rates for 12 to 16 students and 16 to 20 students are available. Please contact us at email@example.com to speak to a representative for more information and to schedule a training. Please note, live in-person and live online trainings will vary in group price structure.
We offer Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Training if you are a resident of California and would like to be a part of our HCAI training grant with the State of California, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the application. Do not submit the application below if you wish to be a part of the HCAI training grant; if you do, you will still be required to complete another application.
State requirements for PET – Potential certification students residing in North Carolina and Pennsylvania are required to attend live trainings. Please contact us at email@example.com for information on how to apply for trainings in these states. If you register for these classes and have not completed the application and documentation processes required by the respective State, you will be removed from the class training in Canvas.
Peer Employment Training
Classes are Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with lunch and rest breaks
Our Certified Peer/Recovery Support Specialist Training, which we call Peer Employment Training (PET), is recognized around the world. To date, we have trained over 15,000+ individuals worldwide. Our CPSS training is an approved curriculum in many states, including Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and California. CPSS Training has been developed and updated through the years, to support individuals in developing a unique set of skills needed to work as a Peer Support Specialist.
Peer Employment Training meets current Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Mental Health America (MHA), Veteran’s Administration (VA) and, the National Association of Peer Supporters (NAPS) core competencies for employment as a peer/recovery support specialist.
Once you have submitted your application and it has been reviewed and approved, you will receive an email for next steps in registration. If you have not been approved as eligible, you will receive an email from our administrative staff on what you will need to become eligible.
- 18 years old or older.
- Is a current or former recipient of mental health and/or substance use services
- Identify as an individual in recovery and be willing to share their experience of recovery
- Having a GED or High School Diploma.
- Virtual CPS Training is not available in Pennsylvania or North Carolina.
- ** In Pennsylvania** The completion of at least 12 months of employment or volunteer activities within the past three (3) years or, have earned 24 credit hours, is required.
CPS Training Completion Requirements:
- Must earn a final grade of 80% or higher based on test scores, skill demonstration, participation, and attendance
- Must achieve consistent attendance – missing no more than 8 hours of training
- Must not miss the following mandatory modules of training: 1) Module 1 – day one, 2) Story Day, 3) Ethics and Boundaries and 4) Final Exam
Technical Requirements (for live online trainings):
- Access to a computer with dedicated internet access (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
- A webcam (internal or external)
- A microphone and speakers (internal or external); all in good working order
- Participants are required to use their webcams and be always present during the training in order to successfully complete the course. Use of cell phones or tablets will not afford the individual the ability to see the presentation or the class chat; therefore, a computer must be used.
$1,295 (individual) — See “Notes” section above to schedule a private training for your company.
Application (a list of available classes will be on your application; please choose your top two choices): Click here to go to application.